Effective heat detection leads to higher AI success, which gives you more cows in-calf, a tighter calving pattern and extra milk in the vat, improving productivity and profitability for Australian dairy farmers.
Optimal heat detection results are achieved by combining paddock observations with heat detection aids.
Good heat detection gives you:
- more accuracy in identifying true heats
- a better chance of cows getting in-calf
- a tighter calving pattern
- cows that milk for longer periods
- less missed or wrongly identified heats
LIC Scratch Patch heat detectors are cost-effective and efficient aids. When mating activity occurs the silver layer rubs off to reveal a fluorescent colour.
- self-adhesive so there’s no need for gluing or heating
- five fluorescent, easy-to-spot colours – red, yellow, pink, green and blue
- multiple colours allows for multiple rounds of heat detection
- friction based technology helps indicate the approximate level of mating that has occurred
LIC Heat Patch Plus heat detection aids are our premium patches for easy and accurate identification. The new technology enables the dye to bleed right to the edges making them highly visible and indicating the length of time a cow has been on heat.
- dye can spread right to the edges of the patch for greater visibility and accuracy
- self-adhesive – no glue required
- available in three colours – red, pink and blue
- four second time release technology to help identify true standing heats
Successful artificial insemination in cows relies on effective heat detection. LIC recommends using heat detection aids in conjunction with industry recommended heat detection methods.